The Laboratoire d'ElectroMagnÃ©tisme et d'Acoustique (LEMA) at EPFL-Lausanne is National Focal Point for Switzerland within XNoise-EV Coordination Action project (FP7 â€“ The Greening of Air Transport).
Through its network structure and comprehensive workplan involving experts groups, scientific workshops, stakeholders seminars and a common information system, this project will address the aircraft noise challenges set by the ACARE 2020 Vision, by:
- evaluating EC-funded projects results and assessing their contribution to the state-of-the-art
- formulating, through development of common strategies and complementarities with national activities, priorities and key topics for future projects aimed at noise reduction at source as well as improved understanding of the impact of aircraft noise in the communit
- identifying potential reinforcement of future projects partnership through expertise mapping, to foster new collaborations and promote novel ideas
- ensuring dissemination and exploitation of anticipated technology breakthroughs and scientific developments, including technical information aimed at Regulatory Bodies and Policymaking Agencies to inform on progress made in aircraft noise research
- contributing to an improved integration of the European Aircraft Noise Research Community through a network of National Focal Points, including the development of local networks in new EU member states to foster participation in future projects.
To this end, a dedicated network of National Focal Points has been established together with appropriate resources tailored to their specific national situation. Amongst their responsibilities, they will identify network participants (Industry, Academia, SMEs, Stakeholders, and Policymakers), consolidate expertise mapping with a pro-active approach towards SMEs, and inform local researchers on aircraft noise research strategic priorities.
If you want to take part in the Swiss National Network, please contact Admin.